PNG Dataco is the State owned Enterprise that is implementing and managing the O3B satellite Transmission system. As the wholesale ICT provider, DataCo owns and operates this satellite system in Port Moresby. The O3B satellite network will allow transport of unlimited internet and International private lease circuits from PNG directly connecting to Australia, peering to multiple carriers and internet exchanges.
With the partnership of Australia and PNG Government, PNG Dataco and International operator SES Networks will deliver 6.0 Gbps high speed, lower latency Internet service between Port Moresby and Sydney during 2018 APEC. The O3b Satellite High Capacity Network is the highest satellite service capacity in country and shall support advanced sea cable infrastructures.
Services & Benefits
- A 6.0 Gbps high throughput satellite system linking Port Moresby to Sydney and Perth.
- Fully redundant systems; 2 x O3b satellite system and beams in country, 2 x international satellite gateway configuration.
- Increase access with much quality of service (QoE)
- Delivering filtered and raw internet communications
- High network security (IDS/IPS)
- Enable affordable broadband communications
- 24/7 customer and NOC support with qualified engineers